domingo, 24 de febrero de 2013

The worst day of my life


One year ago, I had my last old ancestor but nowadays I have nobody.

My grandfather was hospitalized in Granada. He was operated on lung cancer, however the operation became complicated because my grandfather had only a kidney and his liver and his lungs was so bad - he was very smoker and heavy drinker-. As a matter of fact, he was in a coma some time while my mum and his couple saw him.
The 25th of April was a public holiday, so my dad, my brother and I went to Granada to visit and spoil my mum and saw how was my grandfather. It was strange. My parents didn´t want that my brother and I saw my grandfather but we said that i could be the las time we saw him alive. We were brave, it was impressive see him with a lot of pipes all over his body. At six o´clock, my dad, my brother and I said goodbye to my mum and my grandfather´s couple. We were in the car when my mum called. She said something to my dad, nothing important. Five minutes later, the mobile rang again. It was my mum, nevertheless it was bad. When my dad hang up, he said "it has happened already". I had understood his sentence. Therefore we went round and came back to Granada.

All in all, I think my worst days were the 25th and 26th of April. It was too hard to my family and I. My others ancestors died when I was a little girl, and I only had one. I´ll go to his mass soon. Nowadays, the 25th of April isn´t a public holiday for me, it´s a day to remember my grandfather.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario